Headlines sell! It’s as simple as that.
Having a great headline can make the difference of the person picking up the phone or putting the leaflet directly in the bin. You’ve got about 2 seconds to grab that person and convince them that they need to read on. So how do you do that? Well I’ve enough material to write a complete series on headlines alone, but here’s two pointers.
- Ask a question – The brain is designed to solve problems. We’re already preconditioned to answering questions that have been put in front of us, so make the reader think
- Create some pain – Get some emotion in the headline, get them wanting to know that things aren’t as they should be
Examples of great headlines are:
- Are you fed up with having a dirty patio?
- Are your kids bored during the summer holidays?
- Are you afraid that your marketing budget is being spent but you’re not getting the results?
- Would you like to know the secret of having a beautiful garden?
You get the idea. Once you’ve grabbed their attention, you can then use some great content in rest of the leaflet to tell them how you can answer their question and clear their pain
We’ve produced loads of content that will make your marketing much much more productive. To access that information Click here